Your Rights and Responsibilities
Your right to access personal health information
- Clients/Patients have the right to access and/or obtain a copy of any personal information kept about them by our service however this information is still the property of Waminda.
- Confidentiality of all records (except as provided by law) and all communications between you and the staff of Waminda.
- To understand what information is held by Waminda and how it is stored. You have the option to view confidential information.
- To receive an individual service tailored to your needs.
- Referral to other health and welfare services.
- To seek a second opinion about your medical condition.
As a client of Waminda we would like you to:
- Be informed about services offered by Waminda.
- Keep appointments or inform us if unable to attend.
- Be responsible for your own decisions whilst being assisted by Waminda staff.
- Not interfere with well-being or rights of other clients/patients.
- If you are not 100% satisfied, let us know.
- Provide us with all feedback.
Complaints/ Suggestions / Feedback Processes
- If you are unhappy with the service you have received from Waminda you can write a complaint and send it to: The CEO, Waminda, PO Box 978, Nowra, NSW 2541 or place a suggestion in the suggestion box.
When a client/patient indicates they would like to make a complaint, they will be asked if they would like to complete a Client/Patient Complaint form and or Witness Statement Declaration form.
- Members of the public may notify the Australian Health Practitioner regulation agency (AHPRA) http://www.ahpra.gov.au (AHPRA) about the conduct, health or performance of a practitioner or the health of a student. Practitioners, employers and education providers are all mandated by law to report notifiable conduct relating to a registered practitioner or student to AHPRA.
- We welcome constructive feedback. Suggestion boxes are provided at all offices and boxes are checked once a month.
- Should you remain unsatisfied, you have the right to direct complaints to: New South Wales Health Services Commission PH: 1800 043 159 (Toll Free)